Alamo Group Inc. is currently accepting applications to fill the position of Corporate HR Manager (Benefits) at its Corporate Headquarters in Seguin, TX (25 miles east of San Antonio, TX).
Reporting to the HR Director of Total Rewards and Systems, the Corporate HR Manager will manage and support a combination of corporate programs, policies, and processes. This is an individual contributor role that provides guidance to management and employees on a variety of human resource programs with emphasis on Benefits Administration and Compliance, and HRIS initiatives.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to the Career Opportunities section of the Alamo Group website; found at www.alamo-group.com/career-opportunities.
The Corporate HR Manager for Alamo Group will:
- Implement and administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans, health benefit plans, disability and life insurance, wellness, workers compensation, and time-off programs to ensure the company benefit programs remain effective and competitive.
- Provide HR consultative services to decentralized HR staff and management at manufacturing operating companies across the United States to ensure compliance with employment regulations and alignment with the company's policies, procedures, and values.
- Market Alamo Group benefits programs and initiatives to employees and prospective employees using all appropriate communication platforms and channels.
- Monitor and resolve ACA and benefit file feed issues with appropriate vendors.
- Oversee and coordinate with ADP, the Company's benefits advisor/broker, and other entities on annual renewal, ACA, health benefits form 5500 filings, and other required regulatory reporting and filing requirements.
- Implement human resources activities, policies, procedures, systems, and programs to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance with employment regulations (Title VII, ADAAA, ACA, FMLA, ERISA, HIPAA, and other federal, state, and municipal regulations).
- Assist the Director, and collaborate with benefits advisor/broker, with research and recommendations during the annual benefits renewal process; may include producing and/or reviewing reports and presentations in advance of senior leadership discussions.
- In collaboration with the Director and the Corporate HR Manager (HRIS), monitor, design, and coordinate on HRIS Benefit's module functionality.
- Review and submit for processing, benefit program vendor invoices.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong knowledge of ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, PPA, FMLA, ADAAA, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and agency rules pertaining to human resources management and employee relations.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and implementing HR programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience leading HR practices in analysis, implementation, and administration of benefit programs, including medical, prescription, drug, dental, vision, flexible spending account, Life/AD&D, short- and long-term disability, EAP, wellness, paid time off, retirement programs, and other voluntary programs.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency working in a large HRIS and providing end user training and support; previous experience with ADP Vantage is a plus.
- Skilled and proficient with the use of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and mainstream office software; advanced proficiency with Excel is desired.
- Able to effectively explain and transfer knowledge to other members of remote HR teams, employees, and managers at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively, both verbally, in writing and electronically, with the ability to formulate and deliver ideas and material in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to build and foster effective business relationships with executives, managers, employees, vendors, and other internal and external customers.
Demonstrated ability to exhibit and model Alamo Group's Core Leadership Competencies:
- Leading Change/Change Management
- Leading People/Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, management, or related field is required.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
- 7 years of progressive experience as a Human Resources professional in a generalist role with at least 4 years' experience as a senior generalist or above.
- 4 or more years of experience administering employee benefits plans, planning, developing, and delivering employee communications, worker's compensation, and HRIS systems.
- Experience in a manufacturing company with multi-site operations is preferred.
Work performed in an office environment, with occasional walking in and around a manufacturing plant. May be required to travel up to 10% of time by automobile and/or common air carrier with overnight stays required. Occasional lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 10 pounds.
Why Alamo Group?
Founded in 1969, with its corporate headquarters in Seguin, TX, and 32 manufacturing locations in the U.S., Canada, England, France, Australia, Brazil, and The Netherlands, Alamo Group Inc. has been a leader in the design, manufacture, distribution, and service of high quality equipment for infrastructure maintenance, agriculture, and other applications. Seguin is located in South Central Texas along the Guadalupe River a short distance from San Antonio, TX (25 miles), Austin, TX (50 miles), and many other small/mid-sized cities that offer a unique blend of cultural, entertainment, educational, and recreational activities.
Alamo Group offers competitive pay and a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Holidays
- Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Training and Development Programs
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more!
For more information about Alamo Group, go to www.alamo-group.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace